We are already in autumn! We bring you easy, seasonal and fun recipes to cook with children.
Autumn is here and with it we have to renew our fridge and pantry.
Seasonal food is here, new recipes and appetizing dishes that you can prepare with the little ones in house.
When cooking with children, it is important to look for recipes that are not only easy to prepare, also provide them with nutritional value.
In this way, they will know the properties and benefits of each food and you will have fun cooking together.
We have selected a series of delicious and easy-to-prepare rice dishes. Shall we start?
3 fun and easy rice recipes
Rice is one of the best known ingredients worldwide
: it is cheap, easy to prepare and there are thousands of different dishes with rice. Discover these 3 very original rice recipes
and they will surprise you!
Pumpkin rice cake
This pumpkin rice cake is a simple and inexpensive recipe for the whole family
. The pumpkin and cheese give it a spectacular flavour, and you will see that your kids will love it!
250 g of Montsià Extra Rice
60 g grated cheese
Salt and pepper
300 gr of pumpkin puree
- Cook the rice with a little oil and salt for 17 minutes
- Add the pumpkin puree. When it begins to be hot, fry the rice that we will already have cooked.
- With a plate ring we are forming layers: a layer of rice, a layer of mayonnaise, a layer of pumpkin and, finally, we add the grated cheese.
- We remove the plate ring from the rice cakes and add it to the oven at 200º until the cheese is gratinated. We serve hot.
We love to bet on the surplus kitchen! This fall you can opt for some delicious rice burgers with vegetables.
With the leftover rice from other dishes, you can prepare some hamburgers that the kids are sure to lick their fingers.
200 g of Montsià Extra Rice
300 g grated cheese
100 g breadcrumbs
Extra virgin olive oil
- Add the onion and carrots in a pan with a little oil so that they brown.
- Then add the cheese to a bowl and add the eggs and breadcrumbs
- Cook the rice for 17 minutes and add it to the bowl along with the onion and carrots.
- When all the ingredients are ready, make the burgers and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, pour a little olive oil and cook the burgers.
Your kids are sure to love muffins
! An original and very easy way to prepare is with rice.
Discover a more compact flavour and texture than the muffins with flour that we usually prepare, but equally delicious.
75 g Montsià Extra rice
125 g wheat flour
1/2 yeast packet
1 pinch of salt
50 g butter
80 g sugar
80 g whole milk
1/2 lemon zest
- First we preheat the oven to 180º, add the Montsià Extra rice in a bowl and process it until it becomes rice flour.
- We mix the rice flour, wheat flour, yeast and salt.
- We shake the butter with the sugar. We add milk, eggs and lemon zest.
- Once everything is well mixed, little by little we add the mixture of flours and with a spatula, mix well until we get a smooth dough without lumps.
- Pour the mixture into individual molds and bake at 180º for approximately 25 minutes.
Surely, with these exquisite recipes, your children will want to repeat one more afternoon in the kitchen.